Gill's blog

On 1st February 2006 I left London for Ethiopia. I have given up my job in Camden to volunteer for a couple of years with Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO). If you want to find out more about VSO visit their website www.vso.org.uk.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Back from Addis, laden with apples, leeks, green beans, cheese and tofu! Had a good few days, working at the Ministry and catching up with people. Great to be part of a professional community – it is so isolated here in Gondar.

Booked flights while I was there, returning to the UK for four weeks in July. I’m going to do the Scottish 6 days orienteering - can’t wait! We will try and change the flights so that we can stop off in Egypt and see the pyramids – since we will be passing by anyway.

Today is a holiday here to celebrate the downfall of the Derg. Still, we are in training now (ha!) so the alarm went off at 4.45 am. Michael’s first words to me were “good morning” followed rapidly by “come on else I’ll go without you”. Sometimes I hate him. He’s been running twice whilst I’ve been in Addis and he is completely unbearable if he goes running and I don’t – he gloats all day! Anyway, as usual, as soon as I am out I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home