Gill's blog

On 1st February 2006 I left London for Ethiopia. I have given up my job in Camden to volunteer for a couple of years with Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO). If you want to find out more about VSO visit their website www.vso.org.uk.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another day another stool test….

Well, I have had a few days feeling reasonably healthy so I guess I was due for something. My friend the amoebas are still with me. This time I have been given 45 pink and blue pills and have to stay off alcohol for a week (five days whilst I gobble the pills and another two afterwards to be sure). Apparently, if you mix them with alcohol the consequences are dire.

Been busy all day today – that is such a rarity that it is worth a mention here. Not that I have been doing work for college! I am re-writing the Higher Diploma module on Action Research – I promised it ages ago but got sidetracked with my OU course. A couple of local teachers came in for support with their own action research projects, so that was good. Interesting issue – on the one hand the government are pushing AR as a solution to the problems in the education system yet on the other hand the current political climate hardly fosters a spirit of freedom and experimentation.

We are thinking of coming back for a few weeks in May as we have to go to Addis anyway for a leavers conference. Really we should wait till term ends in July but I don’t think it will make a huge difference when we go – we are hardly flat out! We get the Scotland map out regularly and are zeroing in on a certain little corner in the northwest but it is certain to be midgy. I think I will appreciate coming back more this time around. I have extensive mental lists of things to do and things to buy. I need to start looking around at jobs too. I want to live somewhere wild and remote.

Went down to the Red Fox on Sunday to watch the London marathon on the big screen. What a shame about Haile. Very exciting finish to the mens race and London looked beautiful. I am sure it isn’t really like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home