Gill's blog

On 1st February 2006 I left London for Ethiopia. I have given up my job in Camden to volunteer for a couple of years with Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO). If you want to find out more about VSO visit their website www.vso.org.uk.

Monday, January 01, 2007



Happy New Year!

A couple of photos - us baking in the sun with coffee on Christmas day and Michael's garden - the beans are coming up. Hopefully we can transform our yard into something a bit greener!!

It feels a bit strange here as today has been a normal working day and we didn’t celebrate last night as I am on antibiotics and can’t drink. But did you know you can get Ethiopian champagne? No, I haven’t tried it. Though I think our taste buds have altered – we brought fairly decent bottle of imported wine back from Addis but found it a bit insipid after the local brew! Gouda (local red wine) really grows on you!

Michael and I have spent a lot of today planning our equivalent to the four day course for local maths and science teachers – I think visualisations will feature quite heavily as you can do them with no resources! Otherwise we are still settling in at college and learning the systems – today we discovered (after 6 weeks!) that there is a Post Office on the campus! Induction systems could be improved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home